NSBAR and NICAR Announce Strategic Alliance to Benefit Their Memberships
North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS® (NSBAR) and the Northern Illinois Commercial Association of REALTORS® (NICAR) are pleased to announce the formation of a formal strategic alliance between the two organizations for the greater benefit and growth of their mutual memberships.
As part of the agreement, both organizations will:
- Cross-promote expanded educational opportunities and networking events — offering discounted “Member-Pricing” to both NSBAR and NICAR members — in order to help foster the professional development and enrichment of both memberships.
- Add prominent links to each other’s websites — (nsbar.org & nicar.com) —for easier member access to online tools and resources.
- Offer access and use of the NICAR standard contracts and forms to NSBAR Members to assist with their commercial business activities.
“Our goal from the beginning of our conversations about working together, was the added benefit of bringing a better understanding of the commercial real estate world to the members that we are serving jointly,” noted Bruce Heller, President of the NICAR Board of Directors.
“This is a great example of how NSBAR’s Board of Directors is working to explore new opportunities to further enhance the value proposition of belonging to NSBAR’” said Brad W. Andersen, 2021 President of the NSBAR Board of Directors, in making the announcement. “We firmly believe that both memberships will benefit greatly from this new alliance in the months and years to come.”
NICAR is accredited by the National Association of REALTORS® to serve the commercial property practitioners in 13 counties of Northern Illinois, including Cook, DuPage, Kane, Ogle, DeKalb, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, Kankakee, Grundy, Will, Boone and Winnebago. NICAR's mission is to provide support to increase economic opportunities through “best practices” and limiting liabilities, educational opportunities and facilitate communication and the political agendas to ensure support that best serves the membership and association. To promote professionalism and ethical standards in Commercial Real Estate brokerage, leasing and management.
NICAR Commercial Forms
Before using the NICAR forms provided below, please review Article 11 of the REALTORS® Code of Ethics. Remember not to provide your services concerning a type of property or service outside your field of competence subject to the conditions in Article 11. When using any NSBAR or NICAR forms, you are acknowledging you have read and understand Article 11, are following it, and hold NSBAR and NICAR harmless from your use of said forms.
Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS ®
Effective January 1, 2010
Article 11 REALTORS® shall not undertake to provide specialized professional services concerning a type of property or service that is outside their field of competence unless they engage the assistance of one who is competent on such types of property or service, or unless the facts are fully disclosed to the client. Any persons engaged to provide such assistance shall be so identified to the client and their contribution to the assignment should be set forth.
Click here to access NICAR Commercial Forms & Contracts
As a member service for real estate professionals engaged in commercial transactions, NAR is providing the following list of products, services, and tools that may serve the needs of commercial practitioners. https://www.nar.realtor/commercial/commercial-data-listing-resources
- Join NICAR
- Commercial State Legislative Report - A recap of Illinois legislative action of interest to commercial members.
- Commercial Connections - NAR’s Commercial Connections, published four times annually, just for commercial real estate industry leaders.
- Commercial Intelligence Briefings - NAR’s Commercial Intelligence Briefings podcast series is a resource for identifying and reporting trends in technology and innovative business practices related to commercial real estate.
- Commercial Podcast - On the last Tuesday of each month, the Commercial Podcast provides an update on NAR's efforts to support commercial real estate.
- Commercial Legislation and Advocacy - Stay updated on the latest federal commercial legislation and advocacy affecting your business.
- Commercial Webinars - Access free on-demand education by downloading monthly webinars brought to you by NAR Commercial.