The Membership Dues and fees you pay annually are the lifeblood of your Association empowering NSBAR to continue delivering robust resources & opportunities for growth to you all year long. Plus, they connect you to a world of Membership benefits and services at the local, state, and national level to help you remain on top of your profession and up-and-running in the dynamic real estate business.
What does my Membership billing consist of?
Your dues bill consists of two components: Core Dues + Elected Enhancements
- Your Core Dues are NSBAR Local Dues ($180) + Illinois REALTORS® State Dues and assessment ($290) + National Association of REALTORS® National Dues and assessment ($201) + MRED/MLS Access Fees ($504). Your Core Dues annual total = $1175.
- Elected Enhancements are things you choose to add-on to increase the value of your NSBAR Membership, and to support our Advocacy and Community Outreach efforts. These include: SentriLock Service ($156 Annually); RPAC contribution (suggested $5/monthly or $60 annually); NSBAR Cares tax-deductible contribution (suggested $5/monthly or $60 annually); and REAL Property Alliance (RPA) (suggested minimum of $5 annually.)
What has increased this year?
National Association of REALTORS® dues have increased by a $6/year.
Illinois REALTORS® State Dues have increased by $6.
MRED/MLS access has increased $1/month or $12 annually to account for MRED increases passed on to NSBAR for billing.
SentriLock has NOT increased. Cost is still $156/yr.
What are my payment options?
NSBAR offers you 2 convenient ways to pay, annually and monthly. It is your choice for whatever works best for your business!
- Many of our Members prefer the peace of mind in paying their essential business expenses annually — all at once.
- Once you have paid your balance in full — you owe no additional dues until the billing cycle for the next fiscal year.
- Savings of $96 over choosing to pay monthly.
- Our Monthly Payment plan enables you to spread out most of your payments over time with a more modest consistent monthly payment.
- The exception being a stand-alone payment of $491 for your State and National dues portions — which will be invoiced October 1st and must be paid in full by October 25th.
When is my payment expected?
We’re notifying all NSBAR Members via e-Mail about their Membership Dues in early August.
- Dues for Annual Payers are required no later than September 25.
- If you choose to pay Monthly — your credit card on file will be charged in equal installments on the 25th of each month (starting July 25 for the upcoming month). Again, in addition to your monthly payments — your state and national dues ($491) will be invoiced separately and charged one-time on October 25.
How do I make my payments?
Inside the e-Mail notifying you of your bill in early August you’ll find a convenient link to your NSBAR Member Account.
Your NSBAR Member Account puts you in complete control and makes for the most convenient way to pay and manage your account! Here you can update your profile, including your credit card information for Auto Pay, make your enhancement selections, choose to pay-in-full on our Annual Plan or switch over to our new Monthly Payment Plan.
Our online system is not only simple, its secure, protected behind 2 firewalls! We take every precaution to safeguard your personal information.
If you prefer to pay your bill in-person, or over the phone, we’re here for you!
- Simply call Kim Davis, NSBAR’s Membership Manager at 847-480-7177 — or visit our Northbrook Office at
450 Skokie Blvd, Building 1200,
Northbrook, IL 60062
- For Annual Payments only — you can also mail a check to Kim at our Northbrook facility.
How does Auto Pay work?
When your valid credit card is on file with us in your NSBAR Member Account, making your payments is effortless and convenient.
Plus, you never have to worry about falling behind and risking unwanted disruption to your business — most especially your connection to vital MRED/MLS functionalities!
And you remain continuously connected to all of the benefits & services that you need from NSBAR, Illinois REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS® as a Member in good standing and a real estate professional at the top of their game!
- Annual Payers on Auto Pay know with confidence that their card will be charged for all of their Membership dues on September 25 — and they won’t see another bill until the following year.
- If you are on our Monthly Plan — ONLY credit card payments are allowed, and a valid credit card is required to be on file with us at all times. This requirement empowers you to consistently budget this expense and be assured that it is taken care of for you.
BONUS: NSBAR Members who enroll in our Auto Pay program get a 10% discount on selected board store items!
What happens if I miss a payment … or my credit card doesn’t go through?
We’re here for you!
For those on Auto Pay — we’ll attempt to run your credit card payment only once. If the card is declined, an email notification will be sent to you notifying you that the card was declined.
If this ever happens, simply login to your NSBAR Member Account and update the valid credit card information that you have on file with us. Then notify Kim Davis by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text at 847-480-7177. Let us know you have updated your card and we will run it again.
You will not be charged a fee if your credit card is declined.
Should your payment in full not be made prior to September 25th — your MRED/MLS service will be suspended immediately until this matter is rectified.
Should your card be declined in any month of your payment plan — your MRED/MLS service will be suspended immediately until this matter is rectified.
Once proper payment has been processed, your MLS service will be restored.
Per NAR, Compliance with the Tax Reform Act of 1993 requires that the portion of dues attributable to lobbying and political activities at the State and Federal levels of government be considered nondeductible for income tax purposes. This nondeductible portion must be disclosed to members on their dues invoices each year.
For 2024, with ILLINOIS REALTORS® dues at $205 and the RVOICE assessment at $85 per member (a total of $290), ILLINOIS REALTORS® computes 27 percent, or $78.30, to be nondeductible for income tax purposes due to lobbying efforts by ILLINOIS REALTORS®.
For 2024, with dues at $156 per member, NAR computes 35 percent, or $55 to be nondeductible for income tax purposes due to NAR’s lobbying efforts. Please note that the entire $45 Consumer Advertising Campaign special assessment qualifies as fully deductible.